Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Whatever Wednesday-My Root Canal

Today I had my first ever-memorable-root canal. I say "memorable" because technically I've had a root canal before but I was only 3 so I didn't remember that I would want to DIE. Okay maybe I'm being a smidge dramatic but seriously...ouch. This is the picture my husband took of me right after they were done. Yes I totally made him be there.

I am not at all ashamed to admit that I am a major wuss. Like I request the epidural before I've even felt a contraction, make my little boy kill bugs in my house if my husbands not home (he thinks it's totally cool so why not make his day?!), and would never ever tell a waitress that I don't like the food I've been served, even if it's cold, flavorless or the wrong order kind of wuss.

I'm not a fan of being uncomfortable physically or in my surroundings so I tend just to play things safe. When I had to sign a waiver at the doctor's office that said I wouldn't hold them accountable for over 10 different "this could go wrong" scenarios I knew I just chucked my 'do all things safely and by the rules' book out the window. Insert husband does not have a choice in whether or not to accompany me. Not that I really had to persuade him to come when he found out I'd be on Nitrous Oxide. (Yep, I'm one of those people. I would have taken full sedation but his office doesn't offer it :) ) He really was great to have there though! Whenever I'd wiggle my fingers he'd hold my hand (like during each of the THREE shots they put into my gums to numb them) and he kept his hand on my leg the WHOLE time. I did have him laughing pretty good at one point...don't remember why but I'm sure he'd be happy to tell ya! I watched 27 Dresses on the TV on the ceiling and almost fell asleep at one point because they had the laughing gas turned up so high (it wasn't kicking in at the beginning so they cranked it up pretty good!) That sorta freaked the dentist helper person out (sorry I don't know all their technical names) and she started shouting at me "DONT fall asleep!" ha ha. Good times.

But I have to say, all things considered-now that it's been 10 hours-it wasn't the most awful thing in the world (being beaten only by child birth). I had a jamba juice for lunch, an ice cream cone for dinner and a 2 1/2 hour nap after I got home while Mr. Sweet Love watched the kids. (using the term "watched" loosely since I woke up to him sleeping on the chair across the room from me). The left half of my face was numb for about 6 hours (which was awesome-totally freaked my little guy out) and now my tooth hurts like crazy but it's nothing a little (prescribed) medication won't help with! :) Ha ha! I'm hoping in the morning it won't be as sore because I'm starving and would really like to eat without wanting to cry!

I have to go back in in a couple of weeks to get the crown put on and I'm hoping that won't be as traumatic of an ordeal. If you have any horror stories I DON'T want to hear them! If you do however want to bring me a jamba juice I would love you forever! :) Thanks for popping in today, have a Sweetly Lovely night!!!


Just Jaime said...

Glad it's over!

Tammie said...

I totally get you! I am the drama queen woosie girl in our family and I don't care who knows it :) Oh, and just so you know and will feel better, I used to work for a dentist ... LOTS and LOTS of people are like us! Glad you're starting to do better!

Jaime Lyn at Crafty Scrappy Happy said...

Awhhh I am glad you got it done and that you are on the road to recovery! :o) I love/hate hearing dental stories...but it sounds like yours was okay... it is always so important for me to remember how people feel coming in!

Pansys Silvaz said...

michael kors
michael kors
pandora jewelry
golden goose sneakers
fitflops shoes
asics shoes
nba jerseys
adidas nmd
hermes outlet