Monday, July 11, 2011

Pinterest-Need an Invite?

I know I'm the last person on earth to jump onto the Pinterest Bandwagon, but that's kinda the story of my life. I never thought the fads that crossed my path were cool until months (sometimes years-not gonna lie) after they had been debuted. Slap Bracelets, facebook, big hair (I'm from TX), skinny jeans (still not real sure about that one), and I still don't do the twitter thing. See what I mean. I'm just cool in other ways :).

However I am SO happy to have finally caught the pinning fever. It is SO easy! Let me just tell you; in a word document saved on my computer, I had FOUR pages of saved URL links for projects I wanted to remember to try. All-in-all this method served its purpose, but going from that to Pinterest was like going from having a pager to having a cell phone.

A lot of my saved links didn't have the title of what the project was, so sometimes when I wanted to find a certain project I had saved I had to go through 2 pages of links just to find it. This saves ALL that time! I spent all night Sat. night going through my saved word document and saving each link into my pinterest account and now I can find my projects easily because I can see the picture. Genius! How did I not do this sooner?! Trust me on this, if you have thought about doing it sign up now, it is so fun! Aaaand, for added convenience, they have a button you can put right up on your toolbar so anytime you see an image of anything you like on the web (clothes, food, crafts, shoes,etc), you just click on the image and then click the 'pin it' button on your toolbar and you're done! Saved forever for you to reference back to in the future.

Just for an example here are 2 of the boards I have on pinterest (you can create boards for any category you like-giving you even MORE ease to find what you've saved...aka pinned-I'm still new at this :) ) This is part of my 'artwork' board:


This is part of my 'for the home' board:


You can also follow along with other peoples pinterest boards so if you see someone has a similar style as you, you can follow them and when they update their boards it will show you what pictures they have pinned and you can re-pin them to your board if you want. This may sound confusing, but it's the easiest thing ever and Pinterest has a great help board that will answer any questions. Just get started, I promise you'll love it!

The silly thing is that you have to request an invite (which is what I did) and it took 2 weeks for them to accept it and invite me to sign up. The cool thing is that when I signed up they gave me 6 invitations that I can pass along, which would mean you wouldn't have to wait to sign up! (oh and signing up is FREE!) So if you're not already pinning let me know by leaving your email address in the comments and I'll send you an invite! (I'm not getting anything for this, it's just something I wish I would have had so I didn't have to wait!!!)

Let me know if you do sign up, or if you already have an account, because I would love to follow your board and see what you're pinning!! If you want to check out more of my pictures on pinterest or follow along with me just click HERE! Thanks for stopping by Love Sweet Love today, you are the GREATEST!! Happy pinning :)

23 comments:

Tam said...

Ii am soooooo hooked on pininterest, it's so fun to just click pin it and its saved.

Lorilee said...

I would love to give it a try. I have a loooooong favorites list with for my saved ideas! I hate to put my email out in public. Can you email me through my blogger profile? Oh, I'm also in Texas and completely understand that last to join thing!
Blessings,
Lorilee

scrapfancy said...

I would love a invite. I sent for one but have not heard yet-so what a nice gift this would be. Thanks if you do.

Kelsie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tammie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Delightful Deets said...

Thanks so much for following! I'm following you back and will be following you on Pinterest, looks like you have super cute stuffed pinned! Your family is adorable! Have a great week!

mysticgypsy128 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa Couch :) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the nayz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
alicia said...

I would love an invite as well. I don't want to post my email for the public to see as well. I have been waiting over three weeks! please email me and let me know if you can! Thank you!

Angela said...

Hi Alicia, I'm so sorry but I can't find an email address for you anywhere! You can email me at loveseweetlove@gmail.com and I can send it to you that way. Or you can post your email here in the comments and I'll delete it immediately after I send the invite (hence all the deleted comments above! :) ) Thanks, Angela

Anonymous said...

hey there..

total stranger here lol in need of a pinterest invite.

btw..if you're wondering how i found you...blame it on google :)

my email addy is missluvs2shop@hotmail.com.

thanks!

Jessica said...

Hello, if you are still sending out invites I'd be so appreciative:) jessicarsmith1@yahoo.com...I just can't wait for Pinterest any longer!! Thanks:)

The Edmistons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Room 214-Ms. Wenzel's Blog said...

I'd love an invite...THANK YOU

Anonymous said...

I am in need of an invite! Love this site. lexingtonstapel@hotmail.com thanks!

Pinterest Wannabe said...

I would love an invite too.
swompy73@gmail.com

Misty said...

Your site is great! I would love an invite to Pinterest. My email is gladbcuzofhim@gmail.com ....thanks!

Anonymous said...

I would love an invite. pamswaja@msn.com

Anonymous said...

I wouls love an invite.
lolpudle@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Does anyone have a invite to pintrest they could send.. i love looking at the pins but cant save cause I dont have a invite. . My email is tarathorne911@hotmail.com

shoughssi said...

why not try this out dolabuy louis vuitton find more click site Look At This see this