Monday, May 2, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award!

I was SO excited to come back from vacation to see this fun award awaiting me!


A big thank you to Kim from Little Rays of Sunshine for TOT-AL-LY making my day! Not gonna lie-I even did the happy dance! Here are the rules for receiving this award:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.
2. Tell seven things about yourself.
3. Pay it forward and award the Versatile Blogger to 15 recently discovered new bloggers.
4. Contact everyone and let them know they've been awarded!

1. BIG, BIG, BIG thanks to Kim for showing me some blog love!!! Just starting out as a new blogger can be kinda overwhelming and intimidating and she has been so kind to comment on several of my posts and even featured me on her blog a couple weeks ago! She blogs about life as a momma, yummy yummy treats and sweet baby crafts so make sure to check her out now! Like I'll even sit here and wait for you to go give her some love. Go ahead...just don't forget to come back! :)

2. Well just in case you don't know enough about me from the auto-biography in my About Me tab above here are 7 more things!
  • I'm the oldest of 5 children (4 girls, 1 boy) and have the BOSSY genes to prove it. My mom would always tell me growing up, "Angela, I AM the mother. YOU are the child. One day when you're a mom you can make all the decisions and decide how to raise your own family." Welp, that day is here and I sure wish my mom was the one making all the decisions again. This mom thing is hard! ha ha!
  • I grew up in Houston, TX and am the proudest TEXAN there is! I lived in the same house from kindergarten through my senior year of high school when I moved to Provo, UT to go to BYU. I've now lived in UT for the past 10 years so I guess this is "home" now, but if anyone ever asks where I'm from it's Texas all the way!
  • I was a CHEERLEADER in high-school and still have a little of the cheerleader stereotype running through my veins as a few of my *fondest* friends like to continuously point out. I guess it's true that you can take the girl out of the blonde, but you can never take the blonde out of the girl. (And the fact that it just took me five minutes to figure out if that was the right way to say it sorta proves my point :) )
  • I met Mr. SWEET LOVE (aka my husband-who has no idea this is his blog name so let's keep that between us :) ) while working at a super nerdy electronic store Radioshack. We worked at different locations but our managers set us up to go to a corporate training meeting together that was about an hour away. It was love at first sight for him (I'm sure) but it took me months a little while to come to the same conclusion. Which brings me to my next point...
  • I told Mr. Sweet Love no the first time he asked me to MARRY him. Yep, that's right...poor guy right?! (first and pretty much only time I've seen him cry :( ) Don't worry, I didn't make him wait too long to ask me again! ha ha! And now we've been married almost 7 years and have 2 kids so it's all water under the bridge anyway right?!
  • I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My faith is what sustains me through life's trials and brings hope, happiness and gratitude into my life everyday! I know that I am a CHILD OF GOD, that He knows and loves me personally and has a plan for me. I am so thankful for this light in my life in what can, at times, be a dark and confusing world!
  • I don't cook or bake. Hate them both. However let's not get confused on this point and think I don't like to EAT because my friends that is NOT a problem. I can devour a Beto's Burrito (like insanely large burrito's for those of you who do not have the pleasure of living in UT) in less than 10 min, can pound down a super-size value meal like it aint no thang, and must have mint cookies and cream ice-cream in my freezer at all times. (when I was nursing my 2nd she had an allergy to milk and that seriously about killed me...like people just stayed outta my way cause I was crazy. Not so sure, looking back, that that was beneficial for me or baby. But we're all loving dairy by the gallons here now so it's all good! :) )
3. Since I'm just a newbie in the blogging world you may very well know a lot of these fabulous bloggers already, but here are 15 new-to-me VERSATILE bloggers! Go see all the amazing things they're doing!

1. Lauren-The Elephant's Trunk
2. Jaime-Crafty Scrappy Happy
3. La-Dee-Da Creations
4. Wayward Girls' Crafts
5. Kaitlin- The Goodey Knot
6. Jaime-Stitch 2 Buttercups
7. Karen-Pocket Full of Pink
8. Trulie-scrumptious
9. Rebecca-My Girlish Whims
10. Tatum- K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple sister)
11. Maggie-Midwestern Sewing Girl
12. Jenn-Clean & Scentsible
13. Anna- Blissful Whimsy
14. Jessica-Little Miss Almost Susie Homemaker
15. Lyndsey- Lyndsey's Craft Spot

4. Thanks for inspiring me bloggers, I've notified all of you through your blogs!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the kind award :) xoxoxo!

Just Jaime said...

Thanks Angela! I need to see how my sisters, mom and I want to re post this!

{Trulie Scrumptious} said...

Ah, Thanks for the Love-again ;) We're are so happy to be a new follower of you! Love your blog! If you ever wanna do a {tute-sweet} Tuesday or drop us a line-pleeze give us a holla!

Much love,
a&r

Jaime Lyn at Crafty Scrappy Happy said...

Thank you SO SO SO much for including me in your list of wonderful blogs it means SO much to me! I am so glad that we are new blog friends, I loved getting to know a little bit more about you in this post! Thank you again!
Jaime from Crafty Scrappy Happy

Anna @ Blissful Whimsy said...

Awww receiving an award makes me feel so, so special :o) Thank you so much Angela!

Tonya Driggers said...

Just discovered your blog and I'm LOVING IT!! Love your ideas. Keep up the wonderful blogging!! =}

Jenn said...

Thanks so much for the award Angela! I totally agree with on the baking/cooking thing! I really enjoyed looking around your blog at all of your fabulous projects and am happy to be a new follower!

La-Dee-da crafter said...

I am humbly honored. Thank you. I am also a very proud Texan and say I am from Texas even though I have lived in other states and now Arizona. I am from Lubbock, west Texas.I am also LDS. We have so much in common. you are so sweet and kind.
Ladeedacreations.com

Jaime said...

Thank you so much for the award! It made my day. I grew up in Maine, but I have a bumper sticker on my car..."I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could." Again, thank you, and I hope you have a wonderful day! :-)

Lyndsey said...

YEAH!!! Thanks so much for thinking of me !! I am glad I got the chance to check out your blog!! You have some seriously cute stuff going on over here :)

Unknown said...

louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, louboutin pas cher, nike roshe run, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, burberry, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, tory burch outlet, replica watches, ugg boots, air jordan pas cher, nike free, polo ralph lauren outlet, tiffany jewelry, air max, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, cheap oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, michael kors, longchamp pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, prada outlet, ugg boots, nike outlet, louboutin shoes, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, sac longchamp, louis vuitton, replica watches, chanel handbags, louboutin, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, longchamp, uggs on sale, kate spade outlet, nike free, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet