Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Burlap Bubble Wreath

Just SIX more days till the day of Lu-huuuuv! Are you excited?! Valentines day has never been a big celebratory, give big presents, go all out kind of holiday for the hubs and I...we're more of the quiet dinner and a movie kinda people...so having kids to celebrate with has been SO SO SO fun! The excitement and energy they bring makes it worth all the preparation and time I put into different projects for the holiday (like the Love Shacks-they have been absolutely GIDDY over them, so happy!!).

My little girl (3 yr. old) has especially loved valentines day since there has been so much PINK everywhere! ha ha! And I have to say, since I have one month a year where the Mr. can't doesn't complain about pink decorations, I release all of my pent-up girly, pink loving, mushy-gushy, love emotions from the previous 11 months and go to town! My heart felt wreath goes perfectly inside, but I wanted a wreath for my door (surprise, surprise ;) ) that was a little more......gender neutral shall we say?!

There are after-all 2 boys living in this house too, so I was looking for something that was feminine enough to make my pitter-patter heart happy, and masculine enough to keep the hubs from taking it down. :) So when I found this burlap bubble wreath on pinterest here I knew it was perfect!!

The Valentines Burlap Bubble Wreath...


The wreath was created by Amanda who blogs at My Heart's Desire and she has a fantastic tutorial, so if you're interested in making you're own you'll definitely want to check it out! And the best thing is, she has one tutorial here just for the burlap bubble wreath and a separate tutorial here for the heart burlap wreath. I, obviously :), used and followed both and I love how it turned out!

I won't re-create a total step by step since I followed Amanda's instructions exactly, but just to show you how simple it is...

I started with 3 things

1. Burlap (1 yard tan, 1/2 yard red)
2. Wire wreath forms (1 18" circle, 1 heart-both from Hobby Lobby)
3. Floral wire
*between using coupons and what I had already on-hand, this wreath came out to under $10-perfect!


To make the round wreath, you're basically just gathering, bubbling and securing all around your circle form on the inner and outer rings.


And I will tell you this, it would have been much easier(not that it was really hard, but my fingers just started to hurt after awhile) if I would have used a thinner gauge wire. I was using 20 gauge b/c I already had that on-hand, but I would recommend 24 or 26 because it will tie around your burlap and wire lots easier and give you a better hold!


This is what the back of the wreath looked like when I had finished-just so you can kind of see how I tied the wire around.


Also, with such thick wire I had some problems with it showing in some places. With thinner wire I think you'd probably be able to hide it better.


For the heart I did basically the same thing, but just made one row of "bubbles" rather than one for both the inner and outer rings.




Using a recommendation from Amanda, I took some extra scraps of red burlap and stuffed them into the bubbles on this wreath to give it a little bit fuller of a look.


Then I safety pinned the heart to the round wreath so that I can use the burlap wreath on it's own for something else in the future!


And that was it!


I love that this doesn't have to be just a valentines wreath- stretchin' those pennies as best I can! ha ha!




So are you doing anything fun with your Mr. Love or your littles for valentines day?? I would LoVe to hear about it!

Thanks for popping in, talk to ya soon!


12 comments:

Tonii said...

Could this be my new favorite wreath you have done?! I think so! I LOVE that you pinned on the heart...quite brilliant! SO darling, great job :)

Anonymous said...

Love this wreath! Thanks for sharing!

cnelson said...

Absolutely FABULOUS!!!!!! Great idea to pin the heart on so you can use the burlap wreath again for something else!

Jessica :) said...

Oh, Angela, you have done it again. You have made a wreath that I *LOVE*!! Everytime I see the word "wreath" in the title of one of your posts on my reader, I just know it's going to be awesome. And it is! I adore this wreath. Love something versatile and inexpensive. And could I be wrong in assuming this is one of the quickest wreaths you've ever made? :) I did finally do something along the lines of your kissing balls but it's also way different. I used tissue paper and made a wreath frame. I blogged about it awhile back. And I want you to know, your adorable wreaths was my motivation for continuing on even when it took hours to finish. I feel very accomplished. :D

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

You are the queen of wreaths! I really like how billowy (is that a word) and flowy this one looks! So pretty.

Stacey said...

Ahh...my love for burlap lives on! Beautiful! Thanks fir sharing at our party! Please come by and follow along - I am starting my own party this week and would love to have you!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Amanda said...

Angela,
It is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing it with me. It made my heart so happy to see this on your door. My 4-year-old just saw your blog and said, "That's our heart!" So funny.

Love
Amanda

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

This is super cute!! LOVE it!
Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party! I will be featuring this tomorrow. :)

Unknown said...

This turned out so adorable! Thanks for linking up at Manic Monday!

Just Jaime said...

So cute and versatile! Thanks for sharing!

Alisa and Sky said...

Love it!!

Unknown said...

qzz0601
dior outlet
soccer jerseys
coach outlet online
carrera sunglasses
mont blanc pens
michael kors outlet
uggs
oakley sunglasses wholesale
canada goose outlet
dsquared2 jeans